Helix Arts and Peregrini Lindisfarne Landscape Partnership have joined forces to provide a unique opportunity for people living and working in North Northumberland.
The Make Art Happen training course teaches you how to design and manage collaborative arts projects, fundraise and recruit artists. You will then go on to run an arts project for people living in your area.
Never done anything like this before? Don’t worry! You will be guided and supported by people from Helix Arts and Peregrini Lindisfarne who have many years’ experience managing arts projects in communities.
All you need is:
- An interest in the arts. This can be anything creative: from painting to dance, from drama to music or even film.
- Ability to attend the training course (8 sessions, around 3 hours, usually weekly)
- Ability and willingness to undertake self-directed work between sessions.
- Basic computer skills and a current email address.
- Agree to play a part in managing an arts project after the training – the time required depends on the project you decide to deliver and the role you want to undertake.
If you’re interested in getting involved, our ‘Make Art Happen Meet and Greet’ will take place on Saturday 16th July between 11.00am and 1.00pm at Bell View Centre, Belford, NE70 7QB. You’ll get the chance to meet the team, learn more about the training on offer and what commitment is involved. The training sessions will begin the week commencing 8th August for 7 weeks.
The Make Art Happen programme is funded through the Esme Fairbairn Foundation. Peregrini Lindisfarne would like to thank Northumberland County Council and the Northumberland Coast AONB Sustainable Development Fund for additional financial support.