This project will help people look at vernacular buildings, below ground archaeology, village topography and artefacts. It will further the study, understanding and enjoyment of the area by interested individuals and community groups.
The aim is to reinforce and develop the existing sense of place within the area and to assist future applications to appropriate funding bodies by local groups in pursuit of further archaeological or historical projects.
We aim to provide training, guidance and technical support to members of the community in historic research and historic landscape interpretation. The areas of work identified include:
- Introductory open events and information sessions;
- Guided walks;
- Training for people in the techniques of archaeological investigation;
- Contribute to an holistic schools' project;
- Significant structures and earthworks surveys;
- Archaeological field-walking;
- Archaeological earthworks surveys;
- Test pitting;
- Archaeological research excavations;
- Limekiln surveys;
- Reading, recording and monitoring historic structures.
See our Project Design statements for the archaeological digs below